harlie

What I'm Reading

A Harlequin devotee, I read just about anything.

Cape Cursed
Cynthia D'Alba
Hired
Lily Harlem

Echoes of Magic

Echoes of Magic - Donna Grant Echoes of Magic had me hooked from the first page. I will admit though that I have not read the first book in the series but Donna did a great job of enough back-story that I wasn’t lost in the second book. Of course, I now have the first book and can’t wait to read it.

Adrianna is a witch that knows the pain and suffering of loss and the fate that awaits her for the rest of her life. While traveling with gypsies, she finds Grayson near death and with her healing powers tends to his wounds. As she fights her attraction to Grayson, she feels the evil that is following Grayson.

Grayson lay near death until Fate delivered him an angel. He was a man on a mission and his mission didn’t include Adrianna no matter the attraction. He doesn’t want to endanger her or the gypsies that she is traveling with now. As the attraction between them grows, he realizes that Adrianna could be of help to him.

I realized that I was jumping into the middle of the series and I’m not sorry that I did. The world that Donna built is fantastic. I felt like I was in a medieval forest getting ready to charge a castle. I appreciated that she also let Grayson and Adrianna develop real feelings for each other throughout the first half of the book. The tension was just a teaser compared to the full-blown scenes at the castle. I found the scenes at the castle between Grayson and Adrianna beautiful and highly sensual.

I won’t go into detail about the plot points because then I would just be spoiling it and I hate doing that. The suspense elements and the magical elements were nicely played out and not overly done. While elements of the first book were mentioned, it only enhances Grayson and Adrianna’s story. With many twists and emotional turns that at times my head was little turvy but the ending was well worth it.

I highly recommend Echoes of Magic to anyone that likes a little magic, a lot of medieval and a genuinely heartwarming story about two lost souls that find true love when neither was expecting it to ever happen to them.