harlie

What I'm Reading

A Harlequin devotee, I read just about anything.

Cape Cursed
Cynthia D'Alba
Hired
Lily Harlem

Not Without Risk

Not Without Risk - Sarah Grimm Good lord! What a rush! I have finally caught my breath. Let me explain. The first 1/3 of the book was a little slow for me. The back and forth between Paige and Justin is palpable but sometimes, I grew a little tired of their inner dialogue of will they or won’t they.

The 2/3 of the book is the action starts picking up. When they both decide that yes, they want each other (for different reasons but relatable reasons), the sexual tension starts to really build and build it does. :) The touches, kisses, looks and passiveness that Justin has for Paige is perfect. It’s not heavy-handed but sweet and then hawt! This is also when the suspense kicks in, too. Good lord the villain was creepy. I mean that in a good way. I’m still grieving over the Caddy. *sniff*

The villain is one of those that I truly didn’t have a clue until it was revealed. OMG! I never saw that one coming at all. Perfect set up for the villain, too. By the last 1/3 of the book, its fast, furious, sexy and again…O.M.G. slapped me upside my head. I love it when the author doesn’t reveal the villain until the last part of the book. Plus, I can normally figure it out before the reveal but Ms. Grimm did an excellent job of NOT letting on to who it was and the motivation of the villain. Trust me, you will love it, too.

I loved Paige and Justin, too. I felt connected with each of them but in different ways. With Justin, I just wanted to take care of him and with Paige, demand that she sleep. Once the smexy times started, I sighed with joy and also in the knowledge that it would all work out in the end.

The secondary characters were wonderful and not intrusive. Justin’s partner was a great friend and grounded Justin in the harsh realities of getting involved. Paige’s friend that called her was also good. Too bad it was in back story. I would have liked to have known him better. :)

Overall, if you are looking for a creepy villain, suspense that is kicked up a notch and a smexy story about two damaged people who find that true love is the only way they will heal…pick up Not Without Risk. Trust me, its worth the risk