harlie

What I'm Reading

A Harlequin devotee, I read just about anything.

Cape Cursed
Cynthia D'Alba
Hired
Lily Harlem

Open House

Open House - Krystal Shannan This was such a great story. Gods, Goddesses, a reunion story, second chances, and hot loving between frenemies. What more could you want?

I love the back and forth scenes between the gods and mortals. The flow and interaction was great and kept the story moving. In some ways, I liked the scenes between Aphrodite and Ares the best. The dialogue was mythical but also present day. Their ending scene was beyond…and yes, that’s all I’m going to say. You need to read the story. I’m mean.

Robert and Rebecca were two people that I could totally identify with especially with the class system in high school. I was that cheerleader type back then and if I could have a second chance with someone my high school, it would a totally hot gearhead. Yes, you read that right…gearhead! Damn, that boy was hot, even hotter at the reunion. I digress, sorry. And to make matters worse, we were friends through our love of fast cars but I shied away from a romantic relationship because of the class system. *sigh*

The scenes between Robert and Rebecca were poignant and hot. I like reunion stories were the backstory is explained in a couple of sentences and not explained again. I got it the first time. Their story never felt rushed or hurried. The open house scene was intense for me and I really wanted to smack Ares at this point. I can’t wait to see what other things he has in store to iritate Aphrodite. His nickname for her is priceless, too.

Its a short story but well developed. The characters are well defined and I CAN NOT wait for the next book in this series. Ares and Aphrodite are two characters that have the depth that I’m looking for in a paranormal, mythical tale. Bravo!

*I received a copy from the author for a fair and honest review*