harlie

What I'm Reading

A Harlequin devotee, I read just about anything.

Cape Cursed
Cynthia D'Alba
Hired
Lily Harlem

The Vampire Hunters

The Vampire Hunters - Scott M. Baker Before starting this book, I kept thinking Buffy and her little gang of vampire hunters. I know, I know and I loved Buffy (while she was in high school) What I got was a fast paced thriller that is not for the faint of heart. Its a ride that leaves you breathless and wanting more in the end.

Allison and Drake are former cops that are move to Washington DC to hunt and kill vampires. Through well developed backstory, you understand how they came to be vampire hunters. There is a small hint of Allison’s attraction to Drake that I hope is developed more in the later books. I’m a sucker for romance…even in a thriller. Mr. Baker has created a world that is fascinating as its horrible. The vampires are truly evil and vile. There are no sparkly vammpires in Washington. Only the depraved vampires exist in this world. We are introduced to the two most evil vampires that I’ve ever seen. Former lovers/vampires, Ion and Toni are fighting for totaly rule in their nest. I almost felt something for them reading their backstory but reality pulled me back in and wouldn’t let me.

The plot and pacing are well developed and there is never a dull moment. The action scenes are brutal but necessary. Its a thriller dear readers, not a paranormal romantic suspense. Its good versus true evil and the battle that ensues. Graphic, with dead on dialogue, I finished this book in a day. I thought about it the next day and wrote the review. It left me thinking of what would happen if this world truly existed. I didn’t like what I thought but that was the point of reading. What if?

Watch out for a rabbit named Van Helsing. That’s all I’m going to say about that. I know, tease that I am. I can’t wait for the rest of this series. Thought provoking, horrible but truly fascinating in a twisted way.

*I received this book as part of a blog tour for a fair and honest review*